Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday = DISASTER!!

Sunday night I couldn't fall asleep to save my life so I decided to get up and work on the kids teacher gifts. A woke up and wanted to help (which has come back to bite me in the rear) so I figured, why not. It was way easier than fighing with her!


I didn't set an alarm and of course, overslept. So at 7:43, I look at the clock and freak out! A got up with no problems, J told me that her tummy was still sleepy and she didnt't want to get up. I had to bribe with donuts for breakfast to get her up.

We were walking out the door at 8:01 (pretty good in my opinion!) and I realize that the kids carseats are in the garage and have to go in my truck. Get the carseats and kids in the truck and pull out of the driveway at 8:07 (still doing ok) get to the donut shop and go to the drive thru. I place our order and the truck behind me rear ends me!! REALLY?!?!? All that in the first 45 minutes of being awake!! Luckily there was no damage, good thing I have a truck!

The rest of the day was pretty decent all things considered until I thought it would be a good idea to try to make a quadruple batch of homemade fudge . . . I used the Canation Famous Fudge recipe found here http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18456/CARNATION-Famous-Fudge/detail.aspxThe recipe calls for mini marshmallows. I didnt have the mini ones and figured it wouldn't make that big of a difference, I mean a marshmallow is a marshmallow, right? WRONG!!!! I was stirring that stupid batch of fudge for over an hour!! I even had to put it back over heat to keep it melting.






It ended up tasting pretty good so I suppose it was worth it . . .

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment